CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Shrinking Self Esteem

You'll have to turn the music on this blog off to enjoy this great performance!

Tina - as electric as Elvis. My friend (Stephanie) & I like this one - I love them all!!!!

From the King of Rock & Roll to the King of Pop...genius!

Tina fires you up - Elvis keeps it going, and Ahmed takes you to 'mellow'...

REMEMBER ME....LOVELY SONG. REMEMBER THEM? NOT SO LOVELY!

Sunday, July 13, 2008

"Teach me, or treat me" - for about 50 years, this has been my personal 'slogan'.

If the element and source, doesn't 'teach me', or 'treat me', I turn away pretty quickly. Before web-sites and blogs, there were books; teachers - all those influences from when I was born in 1942.
'Teach me tonight' - a song by Doris Day. Yup, teach me, or I'm outta here as I'd say in these most recent times.
'Treat me'? From trick-or-treat when I was a youngster who was very poor; hardly tasted a sweet treat, Halloween was an event to be remembered, and Santa didn't always have the same bank account those town-folk had (so I noticed), and my sock was rarely filled with much at all.
Knowledge is 'king' to me; wisdom is saintly. A peaceful heart was my goal at age 10; by now, at almost age 66, my great grand-daughter (Bella) who's waving to me from the beach (with her parents) gives me a wonderful feeling of joy and accomplishment.
Now, what do I do when I can't see Bella? I first lock into this link: http://www.playlist.com/node/40645918. Once I've got that music playing, I go to http://www.baby-to-sleep.com, and start the sounds of rain; birds, and between the two (since I diminish a window so I can link up to both at nearly the same time), I'm ready to remember my child-hood; my dreams, my goals, and appreciate my country; my children - my simple pleasures, and my health.
I hope you'll do the same. Diane

0 comments: