CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Shrinking Self Esteem

You'll have to turn the music on this blog off to enjoy this great performance!

Tina - as electric as Elvis. My friend (Stephanie) & I like this one - I love them all!!!!

From the King of Rock & Roll to the King of Pop...genius!

Tina fires you up - Elvis keeps it going, and Ahmed takes you to 'mellow'...

REMEMBER ME....LOVELY SONG. REMEMBER THEM? NOT SO LOVELY!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

I ironed this gas receipt so I could photograph it - this was 8.5 years ago.

Back then people paid about eight times per gallon, to get their sugar and caffeine 'kick' as they did to power their car. Today, they're still paying about 3 to 4 times to 'power up with Pepsi or Coke', but you don't hear one complaint about it!
This same 12 gallons that cost us $19.20 on 4/17/2000, now costs us $85.50 where we live. But - the good news is - we don't drink Coke or Pepsi, so since we prefer to 'run on water', and have for about 45 years, I guess we don't gripe as much about gas prices....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was the first place I found I could comment.

Thank you, Diane, for giving me this tribute on my birthday.

When I met you 22 years ago, I remember telling you you had the incredible ability to 'fly' like a bumble bee.

Bumble bees aren't supposed to 'fly' according to their design; but they defy the laws of nature, as you've defied and defined your nature.

I love you! Rick

P.S. I'm not a blogger, and I don't want any type of identity as you know why.

Anonymous said...

Diane, this was the first opportunity I had to tell you what I think of the tribute you made not only to your husband, but to our military and to those who lost their lives in the 9.11 incident.

I sent you an e-mail....

Alan

HAPPY IN NEVADA said...

Thank you for your remarks (you 2).

I added George Carlin's short tribute because he was just so smart; 'on target' about what he predicted when it came to the goofiness of our government, and I wish he'd been around for this election in 2008.

A great guy. Diane