CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Shrinking Self Esteem

You'll have to turn the music on this blog off to enjoy this great performance!

Tina - as electric as Elvis. My friend (Stephanie) & I like this one - I love them all!!!!

From the King of Rock & Roll to the King of Pop...genius!

Tina fires you up - Elvis keeps it going, and Ahmed takes you to 'mellow'...

REMEMBER ME....LOVELY SONG. REMEMBER THEM? NOT SO LOVELY!

Monday, July 14, 2008

I made this sign today because I wish REAL GAS STATIONS would post this type of comparison!

Those who patronize STARBUCKS - what are they spending for 12 ounces of coffee? They drop $3 for a muffin, and I buy a dozen eggs for $1.79, add a loaf of bread for $1.50, and eat breakfast ALL WEEK for the price of their 'muffin'! I make coffee for the 2 of us for seven days, for the price of their single cup!
I've made a couple entries (below) about how sick I am of all the complaining that's going on right now. In one entry, I made a direct quote from a newspaper when we 'complained' through the recession of 1991! I saved that editorial these past 17 years, to remind me how 'not to complain' when things change; prices increase, and people/consumers still make blunders; mistakes, and rarely see the problem as 'their fault' for their greed - their consumption; their demand to have 'everything'!
I spent years in marketing - the 'law of marketing' is CREATE A NEED AND THEN FILL IT!
Key word is making people THINK they NEED it! Once they believe they've 'gotta have it', it's a whirlwind of retailers and production houses that will show up on the door-step as they drop
their 'latest and greatest' item for you
(like a dumb puppy-dog) to pick up;
take home, and never worry about the balance on your credit card.
We have to pay the price of our carelessness, but we'd rather blame the government or someone else, that 'made us buy it'. Nope, 80% of the time no one was holding a gun to your head to make the purchase; to obligate yourself for a house that not only kept up with the Jones's home, but kept up with their high mortgage and financial obligation/constraints.
Maybe the next time you'd better find out if Mr. and Mrs. Jones are really happy with their purchase, and if they're eating beans 3 nights a week to pay for it.
I promised myself 'no rant' - just the sign I made to try to illustrate how we quickly complain about the cost of gasoline, but keep on buying bottled water and coffee without batting an eye-lash.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just talked together at the pool, and I really enjoyed meeting you.

Thank you for the link to your blog. I do agree with 100%.

I also don't think we should be bailing out the home-loan industry.

People knew they couldn't afford what they were buying in the majority of the cases. People simply don't want to be responsible for their own mistakes,, and it's easy to blame a loan officer or even their parents for those mistakes.

We've raised a bunch of kids who think the world should be given to them, and I'm old enough to know what it was like to deal with the great depression.

Believe me we didn't go hungry, but we didn't have the kind of life that every one today takes for granted.

As I said, I'm an old lady and I do hope you'll join us at the Red Hat's club becasue they'd all love you I'm usre. Best. Noreen

Anonymous said...

Got it! Thx. Rich.

Anonymous said...

buy lorazepam want to buy lorazepam - many 1mg ativan overdose

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online ambien for insomnia during pregnancy - half life for ambien cr

Anonymous said...

diazepam 10mg diazepam dosage opiate withdrawal - diazepam pill

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam buy diazepam online usa only - diazepam tablete

Anonymous said...

cheapest xanax xanax help zoloft withdrawal - xanax zoloft

Anonymous said...

ativan for sale ativan side effects neonates - ativan wiki

Anonymous said...

cheapest xanax xanax for social anxiety - xanax 2mg yellow

Anonymous said...

order ativan online best dosage ativan - ativan side effects alcohol

Anonymous said...

ativan online buy lorazepam online - where to buy lorazepam online

Anonymous said...

xanax online many xanax pills can take - xanax mylan a1

Anonymous said...

buy valium online msj valium sale uk - buy valium online mastercard

Anonymous said...

order diazepam cheap valium from china - chewing valium pills