CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Shrinking Self Esteem

You'll have to turn the music on this blog off to enjoy this great performance!

Tina - as electric as Elvis. My friend (Stephanie) & I like this one - I love them all!!!!

From the King of Rock & Roll to the King of Pop...genius!

Tina fires you up - Elvis keeps it going, and Ahmed takes you to 'mellow'...

REMEMBER ME....LOVELY SONG. REMEMBER THEM? NOT SO LOVELY!

Monday, June 30, 2008

Now the English say: "What do you mean there's no rhyme for orange!"


Orange for my foot-man; you lazy old pup
Orange for my carrier to pick me up
Orange is not a word that can rhyme
Unless you orange for the Queen - with her accent - it's time
To orange for a reduction in petro
Because if you don't orange
I can't go
here, there
everywhere
From Ireland to Scotland
'lest I take the mare
the mare who dumps her oats
in a manner quite unmannerly
who sometimes passes gas
and I'd like to pass the lass
who is passing on buying gas
as she thumbs her nose and rides
she thumbs her booty
and not as snooty
while I scream for guides
and try to hide
my face in this disgrace
wondering where there is a way
to ploy the USA to start
another war
today...
From the mum who's keeping it, Queen "E".***
***today someone reminded me there was no rhyme for 'orange', but I won $200 in a contest back in 1989 for doing just that.....
Now I really do need to get my sleep - it's about 11:42 p.m., I was born 11:42, and I'm old.......

2 comments:

HAPPY IN NEVADA said...

Some people write me e-mails with their comments, rather than putting them on the blog.

This is one I got that tickled me:

Diane,

I commented on your comment on my posting, but I will repeat it down below here. I just read a second version of the "orange" poem on your Blahblahsquared site and see it is slightly different from the one to your friend Linda Huber. This is what I commented earlier, tongue in cheek of course.


Ah, how Ogden Nashian
To rearrange the pronunciationian
Of orange to O-Range.
How perplexian and strange
Is this PUNishment to our language.

But technically this change,
Did not even rhyme O-range.
You used it as polypunlingo,
But never end line rhyme though

Excuse my poetic hubris,
By the same disarrangement
Of rules then, it’s no sin ta
Force a rhyme with Linda.
May Ms Huber excuse us
For our derangement...

Thank you for your comments and as you have probably seen, I never finished off my sketches in as fine a line as your friend. She does beautiful work.

Lar


--
Larry
www.nitewrit.net (Night Writing in the Morning Light)

HAPPY IN NEVADA said...

Writing to Lar:

And the pen having writ right
he writes right
in the nite

I don't think it's all that
strange
when one struggles
to rhyme
o-range.

Diane