CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Shrinking Self Esteem

You'll have to turn the music on this blog off to enjoy this great performance!

Tina - as electric as Elvis. My friend (Stephanie) & I like this one - I love them all!!!!

From the King of Rock & Roll to the King of Pop...genius!

Tina fires you up - Elvis keeps it going, and Ahmed takes you to 'mellow'...

REMEMBER ME....LOVELY SONG. REMEMBER THEM? NOT SO LOVELY!

Sunday, July 6, 2008

My Grandfather Reese is the great grand nephew of Ralph Waldo Emerson



I see the likeness; Grandpa always said he was glad he didn't get Ralph's ears, but I'm wondering.
These are the words of RWE...with a slight edit by me.
Oh, when I am safe in my eternal home,I scoff at the pride of Greece and Rome;
And when I am stretched beneath the pines
Where the evening star forever shines,I laugh at the lore and the pride of man,
At the sophisticated schools, and the learned clan;
For what are they all in their high conceit,
When scholar and Aborigine, both with God, finally meet.

Yes, I actually had to 'fix' Ralph Waldo's last stanza of his poem called GOOD-BYE, because it was a bit unclear since he chose to use some archaic language that we don't use today.
I love the entire poem; this last stanza seemed to sum it all up for me because I think we often get too infatuated with 'self' - that pride; etc.
I thought you might like this "Diane version" - you can always read the original to see if you think RWE did it better (smile) - most people would never challenge this master, but since he's in our family tree, I'm guessing he would even like a little input once in a while. Love, Mom-Diane

...from an e-mail to my children....

0 comments: