CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Shrinking Self Esteem

You'll have to turn the music on this blog off to enjoy this great performance!

Tina - as electric as Elvis. My friend (Stephanie) & I like this one - I love them all!!!!

From the King of Rock & Roll to the King of Pop...genius!

Tina fires you up - Elvis keeps it going, and Ahmed takes you to 'mellow'...

REMEMBER ME....LOVELY SONG. REMEMBER THEM? NOT SO LOVELY!

Monday, July 7, 2008

Oscar LeVante; Gene Kelly, and Lay's Potato Chips

I love the piano music of Osar; Gene Kelly was my favorite dancer, and Lay's are my favorite chips when I buy them.
Tonight I decided to make them; along with sweet potatoes and the regular white ones, they were delicious! However, the stove was splattered - what a mess to clean up! Suddenly I realized why somethings I do buy 'ready-made' (not often), but Lays is one I can depend on.
Yes, I make my home-made dip; all my stews/roasts - nothing is 'ready-made' because I like my cooking the best. But....let me say, cleaning up the splattered stove; cooling the cooking oil, and finding a 'vessel' to hold the oil so I can use it again, was a bit of a bother.
Then I came back to post a thought, and got this:
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.
What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems
More information
This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.
For offline users
You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.To view subscribed feeds
Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.
To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)
Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.
Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.
Okay, once I reconnected, I 'surfed' a bit; here's a little statement about Oscar:
As a headliner in England's music halls, Levante socialized with many of magic's greatest names including Houdini, Dante, Goldin and Selbit, and he does not mince his words when describing these men, some of whom were his friends, some of whom weren't.
Levante - His Life, No Illusion contains over a hundred photos illustrating his long career and spectacular magic show. An appendix describes many of Levante's classic tricks and illusions that have been explained in magic magazines over the years.

1 comments:

nitewrit said...

I learned something new. I remember Oscar mostly from the musicals of an earlier era, such as the Life of Gershwin and as a buddy of Gene Kelly's. I admired his keyboard skill, but recall him most as a sad eyed man with a cigarette on his lip. But although a magic fan, and occasionally magician, I wasn't aware of LeVante having a magic show of his own. I am currently halfway through a exhuastive biography of Houdini, I'll have to see if LeVante comes up. This is probably the sixth Houdini bio I've read.

As to potato chips, my favorite is Herr's, which are manufactured not far from me. I have toured their factory and the chips just made and plucked from the line are so good. I also like Utz chips.